- 1½ lb. pork loin roast*, cut into ¾-in. cubes
- 8 oz. thick-cut bacon (5-6 slices), cut crosswise into ¼-in. strips
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 2 14.5-oz. cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1½ c. water
- 2 15-oz. cans white kidney beans or other white beans, drained
- ½ c. sour cream (optional)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
Cook bacon in a large saucepan or small stockpot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 8 - 10 min. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
Add onion to bacon fat and cook 2 min., stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high and add pork. Cook 6 - 8 min., stirring occasionally, until onions are crisp-tender. Stir in chili powder, paprika, tomatoes and their juices, and water. Bring to boil, reduce to a simmer and cook 35 - 45 min., stirring occasionally, until pork is tender.
Stir in beans and 2/3 of the bacon. Cook 10 min until heated through, stirring occasionally. Salt to taste. Serve garnished with remaining bacon, sour cream and scallions.
*Can substitute pork shoulder