Smooth Poblano Salsa
- 2 fresh poblano chiles, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeno chiles, stemmed but chopped with seeds
- 1 fresh serrano chile, stemmed but chopped with seeds
- 2 large or 3 small ripe Hass avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, both leaves and stems included
- 3 green onions, chopped with green tops included
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup water
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add additional water if needed for smoothness. This salsa is a delicate green and smooth, but it is not tame! Adjust types and amounts of hot peppers, to taste.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Teddy Bernal, Frank and Lupe's Old Mexico