Snapper Vera Cruz
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (8 to 10-ounce) whole yellowtail snapper fillets, butterflied
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup julienned yellow onion
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 2 lemons, freshly juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon diced green chiles
- 1 tablespoon small capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon seeded minced jalapeno
- Pinch ground coriander
- Pinch ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
In a medium skillet, preheat the olive oil over medium heat. Season the snapper fillets with salt and pepper on both sides. Add the snapper fillets and sear them with skin up. Add all remaining ingredients except the brandy, cheddar cheese, and butter. Simmer for approximately 2 minutes, turning the snapper over after it reaches a nice golden brown color. Add the brandy to the skillet and top the snapper with the cheese. Cover for 1 minute to melt the cheese. Remove the snapper from the skillet and set aside. Finish the sauce by slowly stirring in the butter. Place 2 snapper fillets on each plate and top the plated snapper with the sauce.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.