Snapper with Orange Chipotle Vinaigrette
- 4 to 6 servings
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves only, chopped
- 4 to 6 (6ounce) snapper fillets, skinned
- Olive oil for brushing fish
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine the orange juice, vinegar, chipotle chilies, salt, and sugar and blend until chilies are finely chopped. With the motor running, add the oil in a steady stream and blend until incorporated. Adjust seasonings, add the mint and set aside. The vinaigrette can be refrigerated overnight without the mint, which should be added just before serving.
Heat a grill. Brush fillets with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. To serve, transfer snapper fillets to a serving platter or individual plates and drizzle with the orange chipotle vinaigrette.
c.1996, M.S. Milliken & S. Feniger, all rights reserved