- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening (recommended: Crisco)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, plus 2 tablespoons for dusting
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 24 chocolate sticks (recommended: Mikado)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine the butter, shortening, sugar and eggs in the bowl of a mixer. Blend in flour. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Roll the balls in the sugar-cinnamon mixture and bake 8 to 10 minutes. Then place the chocolate sticks inside the cookies so they look like lollipops.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of David Sutherland, Minot, North Dakota