Soba Noodle Salad
- 1/4 cup Dashi or defatted chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 7 ounces dried soba noodles
- 1/2 or so cup finely julienned daikon or breakfast radishes
- 1 cup daikon radish sprouts, loosely packed
- 1 small onion, cut in half, thinly sliced, rinsed, and drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Japanese seven-spice powder, to taste (optional)
Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Bring 2 quarts of lightly salted water to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Separate the noodles and drop them into the boiling water, stirring once or twice. When the water begins to boil, add 1 cup of cold water. Repeat this procedure twice cooking until the noodles are just tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain in a colander. Rinse with cold water until completely cooled, rubbing gently with hands to remove all surface starch and drain well.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.