Sole Meuniere with Browned Butter Caper Sauce
- 4 (8 ounces) sole fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons fresh butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons drained brined capers, minced
- Lemon slices, for garnish
Season fillets with salt and pepper.
Heat 2 tablespoons clarified butter in each of 2 large saute pans.
Dredge fillets in flour, shaking off any excess flour. Place fillets in saute pans and cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden brown and crispy. Remove fillets from pans and transfer on to a platter, sprinkle with parsley. Cover with foil.
Remove remaining butter from one of the skillets and add the fresh butter. Heat until the butter begins to brown. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and capers. Pour sauce over fish and serve. Garnish with lemon slices.
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Live