Sort of Salad Nicoise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Dijon mustard
- 4 anchovy filets
- Minced fresh garlic
- Grated lemon zest and lemon juice to taste
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups mixed greens, washed
- 2 cans (about 6 ounces) imported tuna fish in olive oil from France or Italy ok, drained and flaked
- 4 small new red potatoes, cut, lengthwise into quarters skin left on, parboiled until just cooked through
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, cut into quarters, lengthwise
- 1 cup "haricots verts", parboiled until crisp tender
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, measured, then pitted and cut into slivers
- 1 teaspoon "salted" capers, rinsed
In a food processor combine the mayonnaise, about a teaspoonful of Dijon mustard or to taste, anchovies and a small clove minced garlic. Season to taste with lemon juice and grated lemon rind. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Arrange greens on 2 individual dinner plates. On each plate: arrange a sprinkle of tuna in the center of the plate and drizzle mayonnaise over tuna and greens.
Surround tuna fish, in spoke like fashion, with potatoes, tomatoes and haricots verts. Sprinkle black olives and capers on top for garnish.
Recipe Courtesy of Michelle Urvater