Southern Bread Pudding
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 4 loaves French bread, cubed
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 Granny Smith apples, cored and cubed, skin intact
- 1 cup golden raisins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Warm evaporated milk in a large saucepan over low heat. Add bread and soak for 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine heavy cream, melted butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla with eggs in a large bowl. Lightly beat all ingredients together. Add bread, apples and raisins and mix together gently.
Grease a large deep baking dish. Pour bread mixture into dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until browned.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.