- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ounce cider vinegar
- 2 bunches collard greens, stems removed
- 1 bunch mustard greens, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a saute pan over medium heat, cook the onions, garlic, and vinegar until the liquid has reduced by half. Add the greens, molasses, Worcestershire, hot sauce, 1 cup water, and salt and pepper. Cover with wax or parchment paper and simmer until the greens are tender, about 30 minutes. Adjust seasoning if needed.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Jack Stewart, owner of Aunt Mary's Cafe in Oakland, CA