Southwestern Avocado and Black Bean Salad
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 or 3 dashes hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- About 3/4 cup (3-ounces) grated pepper jack cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together the cilantro, oil, lime juice and hot sauce.
In a large serving bowl, add the lettuce, avocado, corn, beans, tomatoes, and cheese. Add the dressing and toss well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.