Southwestern Turkey Burgers with Tomato Corn Salsa
- For the salsa:
- 5 tablespoons corn, fresh or frozen, defrosted and grilled
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 12 cherry tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove put through a press
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- For the burgers:
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 pound ground turkey
2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and store in airtight jar.
Yield: approximately 1 1/4 cup
Make the salsa: In a bowl combine all the ingredients and add salt and pepper to taste.
Make the burgers: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a non-stick pan cook the onion and red pepper in 1 teaspoon of the oil for 5 minutes and let them cool. Mix the vegetables with the with the seasoning and turkey and form the mixture into 4 patties. In a non-stick pan heat the remaining oil over moderately low heat until it is hot, add the burgers and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer the burgers to a baking pan and bake them in a preheated 400 degrees F oven for 10 minutes or until they are cooked through. Top each burger with salsa.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.