- 4 (6 ounce) cans clams chopped or minced
- 1 dozen fresh little neck clams
- 1 large white onion
- 6 cloves garlic chopped finely
- Salt and black pepper
- Handful oregano, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 6 table spoons olive oil
- 1/4 dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, if dry, then 1/8 cup
- Heaping tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 small bottle clam juice
- 2 pounds linguini or spaghetti
In a large pot combine clam juice, oregano and basil and a dash of salt and black pepper. Add Sauteed ingredients and 1/2 cup to 1 cup water. Bring all ingredients to a slow boil. Then add 1/4 cup dry white wine and chopped or minced clams.
Let mixture continue to cook at a slow boil. Then add thoroughly cleaned little neck clams in shell. Add garlic powder, remaining oregano, and basil. Stir, cover, cook until necks open, (discard any clams that do not open, approximately 5 to 6 minutes). Stir again. Cover. Let simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
To boiling water, add linguini or spaghetti. Cook 8 to 10 minutes. Strain spaghetti and put in bowl. Pour clam mixture over top.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.