- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves and slender stems
- 2/3 chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shallots or onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 pound tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced and drained
- Kosher salt to taste
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook stirring occasionally for 3 to 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
Add the tomatoes, cilantro, broth and salt and simmer 2 minutes. Drain pasta, add to saucepan and cook tossing until combined well. Transfer to a warm serving platter and serve hot.
TIP: Parsley is a biennial. It's true that it will grow two years in a row. But the second year it gets bitter. I recommend you replant it every year.