Spanish Peanut Butter Brioche Sandwiches
- Satay Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sandwich ingredients:
- 1 jar creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon chili powder, add more if you want more spice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- Pinch salt
- 8 slices brioche bread
- 1 package Dubliner cheddar cheese, cut into slices
- Mix well so all ingredients are incorporated well.
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Prepare the satay sauce by whisking satay sauce ingredients in a bowl until well combined, set aside until needed.
In a small bowl, add chili powder, cumin, dried chili flakes and salt to peanut butter.
On a nonstick sheet pan, lay out 4 slices of brioche, coat each slice with the spicy peanut butter, and add about 3 slices of cheese to each slice of bread. Put the other slice of bread on top, toast and cut into triangles. Drizzle with satay sauce and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Stuart O'Keeffe, 2010