Spiced Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar (use store-bought or see recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ancho chile powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
Sift all ingredients together into a large bowl. Whisk the mixture together to be sure the spices are evenly distributed.
To serve, stir 3 tablespoons of the mix into 1½ cups (12 ounces) of hot milk. Serve in large mugs. Store the remaining mix in a tightly-sealed jar.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.