Spicy Balsamic Basil Orange Marmalade
- 2 1/2 pounds organic Seville or blood oranges, skin scored, peeled, pith scraped from peel, julienned
- 2 1/2 pounds oranges, segments and pulp only
- 10 cups organic orange juice
- 2 1/2 cups good quality Italian balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1 habanero chile, split
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 8 cups sugar
1. Combine all the ingredients in a large stock pot and bring to a simmer. Lower heat and simmer for 1 hour, or until a thick gel consistency is reached. Turn off the heat and allow to cool completely.
2. Remove half of the marmalade and pulse it in a blender or food processor, but do not puree. Add the mixture back into the pot and combine. Store in an airtight container.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Lisa Garza
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello