Spicy Balsamic Basil Orange Marmalade
- 2 1/2 pounds organic Seville or blood oranges, skin scored, peeled, pith scraped from peel, julienned
- 2 1/2 pounds oranges, segments and pulp only
- 10 cups organic orange juice
- 2 1/2 cups good quality Italian balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1 habanero chile, split
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 8 cups sugar
1. Combine all the ingredients in a large stock pot and bring to a simmer. Lower heat and simmer for 1 hour, or until a thick gel consistency is reached. Turn off the heat and allow to cool completely.
2. Remove half of the marmalade and pulse it in a blender or food processor, but do not puree. Add the mixture back into the pot and combine. Store in an airtight container.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Lisa Garza