- 3 medium ripe avocados (recommended: Hass), halved, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium ripe red tomato, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a large mixing bowl, mash 1 of the chopped avocados with a fork. Add the remaining chopped avocados, the garlic, tomatoes, lime juice, lemon juice, green onions, basil, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper; stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning, as needed, with crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, to taste.
If not serving immediately, sprinkle a bit of lemon juice over the top and cover put plastic wrap directly on top of the guacamole surface. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.