Spicy Beef Salad
- 1 pound beef, cut into thin strips about 2 inches long by 1 inch wide
- 2 large Japanese cucumbers, peeled, halved and sliced into thin crescents
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced lemon grass
- 1 1/2 tablespoons roasted rice powder, optional
- 5 cloves very fresh garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 to 3 Thai chiles, or serranos, thinly sliced with seeds
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 head romaine, inner leaves only
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally
Prepare grill and cook beef strips 4 to 6 minutes for medium rare, or to desired doneness, turning once. (Or simply use leftover grilled steak, cut into thin strips.) Place in a large bowl and toss with cucumber slices.
In another bowl, combine dressing ingredients and mix well. Add to beef and cucumbers and toss to coat. Arrange romaine leaves on a serving platter and spoon beef salad on top. Sprinkle green onions over the salad and serve room temperature or cold.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Spicy Shrimp and Avocado Salad with Grapefruit Dressing, Bacon and Scallion Potato Salad with Balsamic Dressing, Warm Weather Potato Salad, Potato Salad Recipes, Beef Bourguignon Recipes, Asian Salad Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Grilled Vegetable Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.