Spicy Cole Slaw
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced on the bias into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot chile sesame oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup peanuts
In a large bowl, mix the cabbage and scallions with the mayonnaise, sugar, and hot oil and seasoning. Let sit overnight, or at least 4 hours.
Mix in the peanuts before serving. Serve with an array of smoked fish, raw vegetables, and pickles.
Recipe courtesy of Wayne Harley Brachman