- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 cup your favorite spicy salsa or Mexican tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 brioche rolls
- Grilled pickled jalapenos
- Tomato slices
- Cole slaw
- Sriracha Mayo (equal parts mayonnaise and Sriracha and 1 squeeze of lime juice)
- Blue cheese
- Pimento cheese
- And we always top with green onions. We love the color and the crunch!
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, mix the beef, salsa, breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire, salt, pepper, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, egg and jalapeno. Use your hands and mix well. Pat down into a loaf pan. Top with the ketchup, the remaining 1 tablespoon Worcestershire, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cayenne. Smooth over the top and bake until cooked through, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
Now this is where the recipe gets fun and you get to use your imagination!!! After the meatloaf cools, slice into 8 thin slices (use 2 slices for each sandwich). You can use any kind of bread. We use a brioche roll, but you can use a kaiser, country Italian or anything that will hold up a messy sandwich. Use some of our suggested toppings to perfect your meatloaf sandwich. Enjoy!
Chef's Note: A great idea when having guests over is to let everyone build their own! Put all the toppings in the middle of the table and let your meatloaf imagination run wild!
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.