Spicy Pineapple Glazed Shrimp Kabobs
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple chunks, fresh or canned
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 8 wooden or metal skewers
Skewer the shrimp alternating with the pineapple, onion, and green pepper. In a small saucepan combine pineapple, lemon and lime juices with the ginger, jalapeno, soy sauce, honey and cilantro. Heat mixture over medium high heat and simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Brush or drizzle the kabobs with the pineapple glaze. Cook off in a hot cast iron grill pan or over an outdoor grill. Grill for 3 minutes per side and brush occasionally with the glaze. Serve hot.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.