- 1/2 medium ripe pineapple, peeled, cored, coarsely chopped
- 2 jalapeno chilies, seeded, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 8 chicken breast halves (with skin and bones)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
Puree pineapple, jalapenos and garlic in blender until almost smooth. Add pineapple juice, lime juice, cilantro and lime peel and process until blended. Pour marinade into large glass baking dish. Add chicken, turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
Prepare barbecue or preheat broiler. Remove chicken from marinade.
Season with salt and pepper. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into small bowl. Whisk in honey. Brush mixture over chicken. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Grill or broil until cooked through, turning frequently and basting with honey marinade, about 30 minutes.