Spicy Red Square Cole Slaw with a Zakutzky of Smoked Fish
- 1 head red cabbage
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot chile sesame oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup peanuts
- Array of smoked fish, raw vegetables, and pickles, listing follows
- Array of smoked fish, raw vegetables, and pickles:
- Smoked Sturgeon
- Kippered Salmon
- Smoked Sable Carp
- Whitefish (Chubs)
- Sour tomatoes
- Cucumber slices
- Caper berries
- Baby carrots
- Baby corn
- Serve with bialy and pumpernickel.
Shred the cabbage. Slice the scallions on the bias, into 1-inch strips. In a large bowl, mix together with the mayonnaise, sugar and hot oil and seasoning. Let sit overnight, or at least 4 hours.
Mix in the peanuts before serving. Serve with the array of smoked fish, raw vegetables and pickles.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.