Spicy Tex-Mex Chicken Cobbler
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and onions with lime juice and cilantro
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Sour cream
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Saute onion in hot oil in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in beans and next 8 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
Bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in topping comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and remaining 1/4 cup cilantro. Sprinkle avocado slices with lime juice, and arrange over cobbler. Serve with sour cream.
"The recipes for this program, which were provided by contributors and guests who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in the Food Network's kitchens. They have been tested in the Southern Living Test Kitchens. All brand names have been removed from these recipes, which originally appeared on southernlivingcookoff.com."
More Recipes and Ideas:
Jicama Tabbouleh and Chicken Salad, Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper, Chorizo and Sweet Pea Sauce over Rice, BBQ Beer Chicken, Mexican Chicken Recipes, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Scalloped Potato Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Green Bean Casserole Recipes, Chicken Piccata Recipes