- 6 ounces sushi grade tuna
- 1/4 cup Spicy Mayo, recipe follows
- 1 sheet of soy paper (Japanese market)
- 3 to 4 (depends on the size) ohba shiso mint leaves (Japanese mint)
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 slices seedless cucumber
- Handful shredded carrot
- Soy and Wasabi, as condiments
Cut tuna into 1-inch cubes and place them in a bowl with Spicy Mayo. Mix well. Place soy paper on sushi mat. Lay ohba shiso mint to cover the middle section of soy paper and out both ends for a decorative effect. Layer avocado, tuna mix, seedless cucumber and shredded carrot in that order. Wet the top edge of the soy paper with water. Roll firmly with a gentle pressure over the sushi mat. Take the roll out of the sushi mat and cut into 4 pieces. Serve with soy sauce and wasabi paste.
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon sambal (Asian market)
1 1/2 teaspoons chili oelek (Asian Market)
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
Pinch ground cayenne pepper
In a bowl, whisk all ingredients together.
Yield: approximately 1 cup
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.