Spicy Walleye with Vegetables and Basil Cream
- 6 walleye fillets
- 1 1/2 cups flour, seasoned with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper, as spicy as you like
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag frozen baby shoepeg corn
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil, or basil pesto, drained
Coat fish fillets with seasoned flour. In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add fish and fry on both sides until crispy and brown. (You will probably have to fry fish in 2 batches.) Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
In the same pan, melt butter. Add vegetables and saute over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until fork-tender. Meanwhile, heat whipping cream and basil in a small saute pan until thickened.
To serve, place vegetables on plate, top with fish, and drizzle with basil cream.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.