Spiked Monkfish Over Couscous
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, finely chopped
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 14 oz can plum tomatoes, chopped with juices
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cumin, crumbled saffron and hot red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless monkfish fillet, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 cups fish stock or clam juice
- 10 -ounce box (1 3/4 cups) plain couscous
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add onions and peppers and saute for about a minute. Cover and cook until onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the carrots, tomatoes and their juices, cumin, saffron and crushed pepper. Cover and cook until carrots are tender, about 5 minutes
Add chick peas and monkfish. Cover and simmer until fish is cooked through, about 10 minutes While fish is cooking, bring fish stock to a boil. Add couscous and immediately remove from heat. Let couscous steep about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add butter; season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle couscous in a bowl and ladle soupy monkfish stew over the top.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.