Spinach and Basil Orzo
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1-pound) box orzo
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- Fistful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 sprigs rosemary leaves removed and chopped
- 1 lemon wedge, juiced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, defrosted and water squeezed out
Saute garlic and onion in olive oil over medium-high heat for 3 minutes until slightly tender. Add orzo and chicken stock, cover and cook for about 3 minutes on medium heat. Add basil and rosemary and cover and let simmer for about 5 minutes until all liquid has evaporated. Turn heat to low add lemon juice and spinach, stir to combine and cook for 1 minute until spinach is heated through. Serve and Enjoy!
Thank you! your flag was submitted.