"This is a classic dip that everyone loves to eat. Make in advance and serve when ready. The addition of the almonds rounds out the flavors and adds a toasted flavor that is way better than breadcrumbs." -Alex Guarnaschelli
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen spinach
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichokes, drained, coarsely chopped
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ¾ cup Fisher® Sliced Almonds, divided
1. Cook spinach in a medium saucepan according to package directions. Transfer to a strainer to drain off any liquid and set aside.
2. Combine the butter and garlic in the saucepan used to cook the spinach. Cook over medium-low heat until the garlic softens, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the cream cheese, sour cream and Parmesan cheese. Heat 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Stir in the spinach and artichokes, continue heating 3 to 4 minutes or until hot. Chop ½ cup of the almonds, stir into spinach mixture. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate or a 10-inch tart pan. Top with the remaining ¼ cup sliced almonds. Serve warm.
Note: To brown top, broil dip for 1 to 2 minutes, if desired.