Spinach Fettuccine with Caramelized Onions and Lemon Thyme
Recipe courtesy of Curtis Aikens
- 4 serving
- 1 pound fresh spinach fettuccine, cooked
- 6 large Spanish onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon thyme, chopped
- Additional water or vegetable stock
- TIP: PEELING PEARL ONIONS
- Add make an x in the bottom of your pearl onions, place in a bowl add 1/3 of a cup of water and cover and microwave for 12 minutes. You can peel them easily when slightly cooled.
Melt butter and oil in a large saute pan and add onions. Cook covered over gentle heat for 40 minutes to one hour, until the onions are a deep golden brown. You may need to add water or stock to prevent the onions from burning. Stir in the fresh thyme, and toss with the pasta. Serve.