Spinach Parmesan Balls
- 1 pound package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 5 eggs
- 1 large onion, minced
- 10 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 3/4 cups Italian-style bread crumbs
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Squeeze the excess water from the spinach and put it in a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well by hand.* Form the mixture into 1-inch balls, either by hand or with a small ice cream scoop. Place the balls closely together on a baking sheet.
Cook in the top half of the oven until firm to the touch, about 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, and then transfer to a platter and serve immediately.
* Cook's Note: Wearing latex gloves while mixing and forming the balls is suggested.
Recipe courtesy of Dan Smith and Steve McDonagh