- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 3 bunches spinach, stems trimmed
- 2 teaspoons salt
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onions until lightly browned. Reduce heat, add ground spices, and stir briefly. Add cooked rice. Cook just enough to heat rice through, stirring well to combine.
Melt remaining butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute spinach with salt just until leaves are wilted. Toss into hot rice and onion mixture and serve immediately.