- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup thickly sliced and chopped prosciutto
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 tablespoons white wine
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bag fresh spinach, stemmed
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add prosciutto and garlic and saute for a couple of minutes. Add wine, lemon juice and sugar and simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cool completely. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Toss together spinach, mushrooms, walnuts and cheese in a bowl. Give dressing a quick stir before tossing with the salad.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Peggy Russell