Spinach Salad with Honey Tangerines
- 1 (10-ounce) bag of spinach, or 2 loose bunches
- 1/2 cup pure olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1/2 pound fresh brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 honey tangeringes, peeled and sectioned, or 2 (11-ounce) cans, drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Wash the spinach well and remove the stems. Tear the leaves into pieces the size of a silver dollar. Dry and reserve in the refrigerator.
Heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion rings and cook over medium heat until they appear translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms; saute for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Stir in the remaining oil, vinegar, juice and seasonings; remove from heat. Toss with spinach and honey tangerines.
Recipe courtesy Kathleen Kennedy
Recipe courtesy of Anne Burrell