- 1 fifteen-ounce can Del Monte mandarin orange sections
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups torn cleaned and trimmed spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
1. Lay the Del Monte Mandarin Orange sections out on paper towels to drain.
2. Combine the lemon juice, salt, pepper, mustard and shallots in a large bowl. Whisk until the salt is dissolved. Slowly whisk in both oils until blended and thickened.
3. Pile the spinach on top of the dressing and add the Del Monte Mandarin Orange sections and the walnuts. Toss until the leaves are slightly wilted and coated with the dressing.