Spinach Salad with Smoked Trout and Tart Apple
- 1 tart apple such as Granny Smith
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 cups packed spinach (about 6 ounces), washed well, dried, and coarse
- stems discarded
- 2 smoked trout (about 8 ounces), skin and bones discarded and fish
- broken into bite-size pieces
- 6 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted golden
- 6 tablespoons dried currants
Into a large bowl cut apple into 1-inch wedges and core. Cut wedges crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
In a large bowl whisk together oil, lemon juice, and mustard and add apple, tossing to coat. Add remaining ingredients, tossing to combine, and season with salt and pepper. Serve with store bought rosemary or herb focaccia.
Recipe Courtesy of Gourmet Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Ellie Krieger