Spring Crab Salad Roll
- 1/2 pound fresh jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 small red pepper, finely diced
- 1 small yellow pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon good-quality Dijon mustard
- 1 small bunch chives
- 1 small bunch chervil (reserve a small amount, for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (recommended: Coleman's)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 green plantain
- 1 hot house cucumber (European seedless)
- Reserved chervil
Clean and pick through the crabmeat. Place in a bowl and put the bowl into an ice bath to keep cold. Combine all the remaining ingredients. Slowly fold in the crabmeat, Season with salt and pepper.
Peel the plantain and slice, very thin, on a slicing machine or mandolin. Fry in hot oil and remove. Slice the cucumber the lengthwise, on a mandoline or slicing machine.
Place the cucumber slices down 1 at a time and place a 1 tablespoon of crab mixture on 1 end. Then slowly roll it up and stand it up on its end.
Garnish with crumbled pieces of fried plantains and chervil.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Michael Jacobs and Allan Fisher
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray