- 8 ounces linguine, fine
- 2 quarts salted water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped bacon or pancetta or
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 8 to 12 ounces fresh asparagus, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tablespoonful each of lemon juice and unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled fresh goat's or farmer's cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced pitted cured black olives
Bring salted water to a boil. While the water is coming to a boil prepare the ingredients you will need for your sauce. Add the linguine to the salted water and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked but still firm to the bite.
Meanwhile heat the bacon in a skillet. When the fat has rendered and the bacon bits are crisp, add the scallions and asparagus and cook over moderate heat, stirring continuously, for about 2 minutes or until the asparagus are crisp tender.
Drain the pasta (reserving a tablespoonful of cooking water) and portion it into pasta bowls.
Add the water, lemon juice and butter to the asparagus skillet and swirl the ingredients around until the liquid and butter form a little emulsion. Season to taste with salt and pepper and spoon over the pasta. Garnish with cheese and olives.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.