Squash Blossom Quesadillas
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 10 individual fresh squash blossoms, or 1 (6-ounce) can
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 sprigs fresh epazote, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 pound queso blanco, grated
Heat a large saute pan with a little oil and saute the onion, garlic, and the roasted poblano pepper for 5 minutes, until the onions have become translucent. Then, add the squash blossoms and deglaze with chicken stock. Add the epazote, and cook for another 5 minutes until squash blossoms have wilted. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside to cool.
To compose the quesadilla lay the 2 of the tortillas on a flat surface. Distribute the cheese equally on both tortillas. Then, spread 1/2 of the squash blossom filling over the cheese. Cover with the other tortilla, place on heated griddle on nonstick saute pan with a little oil, and cook for 3 minutes on each side. When nice and golden brown on each side and cheese has melted, remove and cut into quarters.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.