- 2 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chipotle in adobo puree
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 (16-ounce) cans chicken broth, plus water to cover
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
In a large pot combine squash, onion, garlic, chipotle and cumin. Cover with chicken broth and water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and fast simmer for 20 minutes or until squash is tender. Off heat, using an immersion blender, puree soup. Stir in thyme. Pour soup into thermos and serve hot at game.