Steak Frite with Skin-on-Fries and Roasted Garlic Butter
- 1 ounce balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 ounce olive oil
- Pinch kosher salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, plus 1 tablespoon
- 5 ounce sirloin steak, pounded into scallopini (can substitute round, London broil, or butt)
- 10 ounces skin-on french fries
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 4 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Butter, recipe follows
- Roasted Garlic Butter:
- 4 ounces butter, room temperature
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pureed roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Preheat a fryer to 360 degrees F.
Pan sear or grill marinated sirloin over high heat for 45 seconds on both sides and cut into 1/4-inch strips.
Fry skin-on fries until very crisp. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Toss fries and sirloin together with garlic butter, Parmesan, and remaining chopped parsley.Roasted Garlic Butter:
Using the back of a fork, blend all ingredients together until evenly distributed.
Recipe courtesy of Sunny Anderson