Steamed Littleneck Clams with Sweet Corn and Basil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 stick Spanish chorizo or linguica sausage, diced
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 24 littleneck clams, scrubbed clean
- 1 cup Portuguese white wine, or other dry white wine
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ears fresh corn, kernels sliced off of the cobs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 10 leaves fresh basil, julienned
- 1 loaf crusty French bread
Heat a large, deep skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the celery, garlic, chorizo and crushed red pepper and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the clams and white wine, season with salt and pepper, cover and steam until the clams open, 3 to 6 minutes. Discard those that don't open.
Stir in the butter, corn, parsley and basil. Transfer to large serving bowl. Serve with the bread.
This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Michelle Ragussis