- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- One 15-ounce can pears in light syrup
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ounces Stilton, crumbled
- 2 ounces walnuts, chopped and toasted, see Cook's Note
- Cream Cheese Cucumber Dill Topping, recipe follows
- Thinly sliced cucumber twists, for garnish
- Fresh dill sprigs, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two 12-cup muffin pans with cupcake liners.
Add the pears, cheese and walnuts to the flour mixture and coat well. Gently fold in the egg and oil mixture by hand. Fill each muffin cup three-quarters full with batter. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
To assemble: Put the Cream Cheese Cucumber Dill Topping into a pastry bag and top each cupcake. Garnish with cucumber twists and dill.
This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested it for home use, therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Cream Cheese Cucumber Dill Topping:
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled
- 2 cups cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Pinch salt