- 3 (12-ounce) bags trimmed steam-in-the-bag green beans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1½ cups milk
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup onion potato chips, broken
1. Microwave the green beans according to the package's directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter on medium. Add the flour and thyme and cook, stirring, until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in the milk and bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the green beans and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish. Just before serving, top with the chips.