Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/4-inch pieces and chilled
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 pint whole strawberries, hulled
- 1 pound rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt. Add chilled butter and cut into dry ingredients with a pastry knife until crumbly. Add cream and stir with a spoon until dough comes together.
Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness and cut to fit over the baking dish.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Mark Tarbell, copyright (c) Barmouche, 2003