Strawberry Soup with Melon Balls
- 4 cups strawberries, rinsed, hulled
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1/4 cup raspberry or red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons Kirschwasser, Triple Sec or Cointreau
- 1/4 cup orange juice or more to taste
- 1 large Casaba or 2 ripe cantaloupe, seeded and cut into cubes or spheres (when you cut them with a melon baller)
Puree strawberries with sugar in a food processor or blender and pass through a sieve.
In a saucepan heat the jelly with Kirsch just until dissolved. Remove from heat and add pureed strawberries and orange juice. Return saucepan to the heat and thin mixture with more juice to make a "soup-like" mixture; heat just until warm - don't overheat or you will destroy the flavor of the fruit.
Ladle out soup and float melon balls over the top.
Recipe Courtesy of �Michelle Urvater