- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
For the Mushrooms:
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 ounces dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1/2 cup French-fried onions, lightly hand-crushed (recommended French's)
Fill up a large bowl with water and a few handfuls of ice, set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a roiling boil. Add a heavy pinch of salt, the green beans and the bell peppers. Stir to dissolve the salt and cook the vegetables until bright and still crisp, just a few minutes. With a sieve or slotted spoon, move the vegetable to the bowl of ice water to stop them from over cooking. Once the vegetables are cooled remove them to a paper towel-lined baking sheet and pat dry.
To prepare the mushrooms: In a small saucepot on medium heat add 2 cups of water, vinegar, mushrooms, garlic, thyme and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir to dissolve the salt, cover and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it rest covered for 15 minutes more.
Shake the excess liquid off the mushrooms and add them to a large bowl along with the cooked vegetables and the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing. Toss and serve with fried onions sprinkled over the top.