- 1 pound firm, tiny string beans, trimmed if desired
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves only, finely chopped
- 10 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped
In a large heavy skillet heat the butter over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until softened. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the rosemary and basil and stir together for 1 minute more. Add the beans and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until they are just tender and coated with the onion butter.