Stuffed Breast of Chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 ounces spinach, stemmed, and washed (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless, tenderloin attached (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
To make the filling: In a medium skillet heat the oil over high heat and saute the spinach until wilted, about 3 minutes.
Drain the spinach squeeze dry and finely chop. Combine the ricotta, chopped spinach, Asiago, and nutmeg. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
To make the chicken: Place the chicken breasts skin side down on a cutting board with the tenderloin folded back. Place 2 tablespoons of spinach filling on the center of the breast and fold the tenderloin over to enclose. Arrange the stuffed chicken breasts, skin side up, in a baking dish.
Mix the butter with the garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper. Rub the butter mixture over the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes, until the butter hardens. Roast for 25 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, at room temperature, before serving. Slice chicken breasts and serve with pan juices.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Bacon and Blue Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Ricotta, Spinach, and Ham Stuffed Chicken Breast Marsala with Pine Nut Pilaf, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Ricotta, Chicken Soup Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes